Thursday, May 25, 2006

Atlassian Developer Blog: Simplicity and XP

Interesting blog posting

Atlassian Developer Blog: Simplicity and XP:
"Simplicity and XP"
I like simple things. Why bother making something complex if the simple thing works. This reminds me of the story, where NASA spent one billion dollars inventing a pen that would work in space while Russians simply used the pencil. Read more about The billion-dollar space pen myth.
Simplicity is one of the four values of Extreme Programming."


Indeed, I also believe that eXtrem programing has some connection with simplicity

1 Comments:

At 1:45 AM, Blogger José said...

I just came across this entry today and it immediately got my attention - thanks, Thierry!

One aspect that intrigues me is the "stories". I found http://www.agilemodeling.com/artifacts/userStory.htm
which give me a start. Are you using this approach (and where) in your work. I'd be delighted to have a working lunch late July on this topic. - José

 

Post a Comment

<< Home